Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 5 mal aufgerufen
 Trennungsverfahren / Trennungsfristen
elaine95 Offline

13.11.2019 09:32
But the money is great and many don’t s Antworten

The team that has had more than a few players with knee issues has another player with a knee issue. And it’s the team’s highest-profile free-agent acquisition for 2019.Pass-rusher Dee Ford Darnell Savage Jr. Jersey , tagged and traded by the Chiefs and paid a large pile of money by the 49ers, will miss time with knee tendinitis. Coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Friday that Ford will be gone for a week, at a minimum.“I believe he got his [platelet-rich plasma treatment], believe he got his PRP already, so I think that’ll be some time,” Shanahan said. “I know we’re looking at it day to day, but that usually takes at least a week. But it’s something that I think will end up helping him. He could’ve toughed it out and stuff and gone through it like a lot of guys try to do, because guys are trying to make the team and they’re trying to get better http://www.packerscheapstore.com/elgton-jenkins-jersey-cheap , but we feel good about where Dee Ford’s at, and we wanted to make sure we took care of that so he could be fresh going into the year.”Shanahan was asked whether the team knew about potential knee problems before trading a 2020 second-round pick for Ford. The response didn’t include a denial.“I mean, you hear about wear and tear on guys,” Shanahan said. “I mean, you get every medical report that they’ve ever had from their trainers and stuff and that’s been on lists and everything, so you hear about all of that. But we have a number of guys with stuff like that. I mean, [Joe] Staley’s gone through stuff like that and usually you’ve got to do something like what we did once in the year and we thought it would be better to do it sooner than later.”It would be even better to not have to do it at all, so that Ford could be fully prepared for the start of the season. "A Bridge Too Far" was a book and movie about Operation Market Garden during World War II. The title has become an idiom for overreaching; not knowing when to say when. For many NFL careers Jace Sternberger Jersey , it’s apt. So many greats don’t leave the game on top. There are exceptions, of course. Jim Brown usually tops the list, leaving after winning his eighth rushing title. Barry Sanders retired with 10 1,000-yard seasons over a 10-year career. Fran Tarkenton left after setting career highs for touchdown passes and yards. It should be noted that was the same year the league expanded to 16 games, but still, he led the league in those categories. Phil Simms came back from losing most of two seasons to injuries to throw for over 3,000 yards in his final season. But the money is great and many don’t see the subtle and not-so-subtle signs that it's time to go.When the money wasn’t great players weren’t so prone to hang on. Hall of Fame Ernie Never played only five seasons. Red Grange played eight. Let's not forget they played on both sides of the ball in their day. These days many lesser players go a decade or more.Of course, in recent years players are wary of the long-term effects of head trauma and have left the game early. Calvin Johnson called it quits after nine seasons http://www.packerscheapstore.com/dexter-williams-jersey-cheap , Patrick Willis after eight years and Jake Locker after four. But most people hang on as long as someone will pay them. Perhaps it’s time to think about term limits on playing the game. Too many ignore the signs that came a year earlier and go out in a way that’s only memorable for the wrong reasons. Some were underwhelming, some found themselves in the neutral zone of infamous notoriety. Of course, unless you see it coming, you don’t know it’s time to go until you truly fail.For this list, we’re talking about people who came back to play one last season or part of a season. It’s not about the people who came back and were released in the preseason and could no longer make a team. In most cases, it's about those who could have gone out on top but failed to see the opportunity.Here’s 15 former players who might have done well have planned their final season to come one year earlier.

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz